Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How hard is it for a hair stylist to cut a shag for men?

I used to have a shaved head and grew my hair out to get a shag cut... I'm just curious how hard it is for a stylist to cut a shag for men without it looking weird. I like the messy look, but I can imagine it can look extremely bad if the stylist doesn't know how to do it right. Also, how long should my hair be. I know for women you can get a long shag, so I'm sure there's really no maximum hair length needed for a shag, but what about minimum length?





Difficulty level will determine whether or not it is worth it to get the 1st cut, which following cuts will model after, at a high priced salon or a cheapo place.How hard is it for a hair stylist to cut a shag for men?
Hair stylist don't know hair as much as you know your own hair.





I went for a simple hair cut, long hair, just the ends trimmed. It's very long.





It took 3 people to do my hair, until finally the manager came to do it herself. First cut, it was 2'; shorter on the right side and it wasn't straight. I actually went to work with crocked hair!





Second girl, she was afraid to even it up. Finally, I went back for the 3rd day, the manager finally came %26amp; re-cut it.


When I got home, my hubby end up cutting more of it out.





They were layering it as if it was a short hair. Duh!





That was the last time I went to get my hair trimmed!How hard is it for a hair stylist to cut a shag for men?
If you want a specific style done well do NOT go to a cheapo place unless you have a reliable recommendation from a friend for a certain stylist. I learned that the hard way, trying to get girly short haircuts without going broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment