Monday, March 8, 2010

Why does society prefer black men with low-cut hair for professional jobs?

Like I would love to be an accountant (thats what I am going to school to become) with a fro like my avatar but of course no one would hire me...! I am going to have to shave my head when im done school which I dont want to do!Why does society prefer black men with low-cut hair for professional jobs?
Well id give it a try with the fro. ima girl with super curly cottony soft BIG hair. I plan on wearing my big hair to work when i graduate... but then again im in the fashion and marketing industry.





Also the corperate world tends to like the clean cut look. Its not just cus ur black.





but i say as long as its clean and neat, it shouldn b a prob!Why does society prefer black men with low-cut hair for professional jobs?
It's not just black men, it's ALL people that need to present a business like appearance conducive to their chosen profession.





Many professional occupations have a ';dress code';. I am an RN, I have to wear white shoes. I have long hair, I have to have it up. I cannot have long fingernails or wear excessive jewelry..it just goes with the territory.





But if you are adamant about your hair. Try interviewing and see how you do. You might be surprised.





You can always go into business for yourself.
I don't entirely believe you won't find a job with a well coiffed fro. But you'll probably have to do some shaving and trimming your tresses, and swallowing your pride. Hard, but that's the reality.





If you 're not prepared to do that, then prepare to work for yourself. Start thinking like an entrepreneur. Then you can make your own rules and maybe even change the paradigm. There's a bold concept. And create some more jobs for other black people.
I'm bi-racial grew in the mid-west and grew my hair out a few times. I think it is more an ';adventurous minority'; versus the actual look.





The truth is, if there is something you want: You don't have to like the game, but you have to play it....


It's also the truth that your hair is only your hair. With or without it you are still the same individual.
Because that's the way society is, and it's not true at all about they do all people like that, that's bull


when you're done with school, show them it's not whats on the head that counts, but it's whats in the head...
Same reason they don't embrace natural sistahs! My supervisor told me my fro wasn't conservative enough! I say: ';so if i perm and weave it would it be better?'; That fool had the nerve to say yes! I quite the job because i refused to work under those conditions!
find a job with less judgmental douchebags.





there are plenty of 'professions' where you do not have to meet the standards of 'status quo' elitists.





if i just did what was popular, id be a theist and listen to really sh!tty music, and be shallow.
It's not only black men, it's everyone. Short hair just looks more clean and well groomed. Same as with grizzly beards over a cut goatee. You may have to shave, but hey, if you put a good enough impression out there, who cares what your hair looks like?
i used to have shoulder-length hair and had to cut it off before i went on professional job interviews because i knew i wouldn't be considered with long hair (i'm white). It's the same for all races.





Feeling a little paranoid?
Society prefers ALL men with shorter cut hair..


Most sucsessful men today have short hair, regardless of their ethnicity..
awww that stinks.. and its not about the afro.. if someone of a different race grew his hair out. it is probably unlikely that he be hired cuz they probably want someone if they are male to be clean cut..





=)
im pretty sure if you got the skills and whatever it takes to be an accountant. your hair wouldnt matter, as long as you dont talk like a gangster.
I suppose they don't think its very professional. Just like a white man with long hair may not look very professional. Either that or they'll think you're a thug
For the same reason society prefers white men, asian men, etc. with low-cut hair for professional jobs.
It's not just black guys, it's white people and asians too, corporate companies all want guys to look ';clean cut';.
I think so. I tend to think of guy with short hair more professional regardless of the race
it aint cuz ur black boe its like that for every race my uncle had his hair spiked and they made him change it cuz it didnt look ';smart'; or some bs like that
Wow, you are a very depressed black man aren'tcha?
Vernon took the words right out of my mouth......per se'. LOL





It's called ';clean cut';.





Some people care about representation of their company.
dont be such a dick. its not about your skin or you hair. quit crying about being black no body cares.
  • natural cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment